Maybe so but I dont think the article is talking about school teachers in New York.
Its not just coal miners, the UMWA opened the doors to unions in general.
Maybe so but I dont think the article is talking about school teachers in New York.
GO VOLS
I was just replying to the union part.
I worked for Pittston at one time and I can tell you that the UMWA brings ALOT of crap on themselfs
One example being a coal dock has an employee whos Job it was to transport coal samples to the lab and input a shipping manifest list with quality numbers send a copy to the Rail Road and a 2nd with the Quality numbers 2 the Lebanon main office well The company got a scale/bar-reader to record the shipping manifest where as the old meathod was walking the track getting car numbers HOWEVER the new meathod would require transporting the data from the new Scale PC to the PC with the quality/communication software for whatever reason since this was a NEW job function the Union wanted to creat a NEW position to handle it (That would be a full time position that would need to work roughly 10-15 mins per train with an avg or 4 trains a day not to mention that the time saved by NOT walking the track more than made up that addationol time.....In any case after butting heads for awhile the Co laid the guy off and sent a Co guy out to the site once a day to pull the Information and input the qualitys it is just 1 of the examples I saw of the Union cutting it own throut
Most all of my ancestors were miners and most all were UMWA members. I'm not gonna get inot any of the union stuff on here except to say that if I were underground killing myself to make a living, I wouldn't do it for anything less than a union wage and union benefits. As for this article, people like the majority of those in that article are the morons and ignorant tha we here in SWVA have to live amongst and deal with. It's a damn shame that everytime someone comes into the area to report on anything they go to the most ignorant to get their story. But, the profile of the people of our area is for the most part true. Truth hurts, but there are too many Pilgrims Knobs, Dungannons, and Whitewoods in our area for that stereotype to change anytime soon.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's a damn shame that everytime someone comes into the area to report on anything they go to the most ignorant to get their story. </div></div>
Wouldn'T be a story if they didn't go to them. I just wonder if they send folks out to find these folks beforehand.
GO VOLS
Bookmarks